The key to a great-sounding digital audio system is the DAC. The NT-503 employs a pair of VERITA AK4490 DACs, designed by Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation.
The VELVET SOUND architecture on the AK4490 is capable of produce fine-detailed expression of sound even outside the human audible range to make Hi-Res Audio playback sound its best. Its newly developed Low Distortion Technology boats 112dB of S/(N+D), the highest level in the industry for a 120dB-class DAC.
In addition to 11.2MHz Native DSD playback, the NT-503 also supports a wide variety of Hi-Res Audio sources, including 32-bit/384kHz PCM. Smooth details and outstanding sense of sound placement are reproduced at the limits of Hi-Res Audio. The AK4490 is a product in the Audio4pro™ family brand developed by Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation for professional audio equipment and high-end digital audio applications.
DSD and 8x PCM Up-conversion Improves Your Entire Digital Library
The NT-503 includes TEAC’s latest FPGA (programmable IC) with our exclusive Fluency up-conversion algorithm. In addition to the 2x, 4x, and 8x PCM up-conversion processing, DSD up-conversion is also supported as high as 12.2MHz (4x DSD). Thanks to this unique system, the NT-503 up-converts 16-bit/44.1kHz data from a conventional CD into 11.2MHz DSD – over 256 times the data. Audio data higher than 20kHz is produced by an analogical interpolation algorithm to restore natural sound as close as the original one. You will experience the dense sense of air that the DSD format inherently has, even when listening to CD or MP3 from your huge music collection.
- USB DAC supporting 11.2MHz DSD Native Playback and 32-bit/384kHz PCM, from PC via a single USB Cable
- 5.6MHz DSD and 24-bit/192kHz WAV/FLAC Streaming Playback via LAN (DLNA1.5 Compatible Remote Playback, and Home Media Playback)
- 5.6MHz DSD and 24-bit/192kHz WAV/FLAC Playback from USB Flash Memory
- High-quality Wireless Playback via Bluetooth® supporting aptX®, AAC and SBC Codec
- Access to the Internet Radio Stations*(TuneIn)
- Access to online music services; Spotify, Deezer, and Slacker (US model)*
- Access to online music services; Spotify and Deezer (EUR model)*
- Access to the aerial digital broadcasting stations on DAB and DAB+ (NT-503DAB model)
- Free Remote App for iOS and Android
- Free Music Playback App for Windows/Mac, supporting 11.2MHz DSD
- Dual D/A Converters AK4490 from Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation
- DSD and PCM Filters for Multifaceted Personality on a Single Unit
- 10MHz External Clock Input for more precise clock operation (Applicable for USB Asynchronous Mode only)
- High-precision On-board Clocks for 44.1kHz system and 48kHz system (Applicable for USB Asynchronous Mode only)
- Up-conversion to 12.2MHz DSD and 384kHz PCM for finer detail
- “TEAC-HCLD” Quad Buffer Amplifier Circuits for enhanced current
- “TEAC-QVCS” High-precision Volume Control Circuits
- XLR Balanced and RCA Unbalanced Line Outputs with Fixed (0dB, +6dB) or Variable Output Level Settings
- Switchable XLR Polarity (2:HOT or 3:HOT)
- USB B-type Port for PC Streaming, Ethernet Port for Network Streaming, and Coaxial and Optical Digital Inputs
- Gapless Playback when playing back from USB Flash Memory, DLNA and Home Media (Applicable on the same sampling frequency files between, WAV, FLAC, AAC, Apple Lossless, WMA, OGG Vorbis, and MP3.))
- Coaxial/Optical Digital Input on Front for Connection with Portable Digital Audio Player
- Discrete Headphone Amplifier with 500mW + 500mW Output Power supports Parallel Unbalanced Drive
- Large Volume Display on Multi-function OLED with Excellent Visibility (4-step Dimmer incl. Display-Off)
- Low Power Consumption with Auto Power Saving
- Robust Full-metal Body Eliminates Exogenous Noise with Elegant Appearance
- Compliant with RoHS