exaSound Presents the e68 – Dual-Purpose Digital to Analogue Converter
- Multichannel DAC capable of playing up to 8-chanels DSD256
- Stereo DAC with support for DSD512
- Built around the ES9038PRO monolithic DAC chip from ESS Technologies, the e68 has vanishingly low distortion and noise levels, and astonishingly natural analog-like sound.
- The e68 offers a high-power, high-performance headphone amplifier and ultimate resolution volume control.
exaSound’s in–house design delivers world recognized, award winning sonic purity
- World’s highest performance Sabre ES9038PRO DAC chip increases 4 times the internal paralleled DAC channels to bring more presence in the mid-range
- Sophisticated reference voltage sources and master clock power circuits deliver more precise 3D imaging and more natural portrayal of transients
- Refined analogue output stages built with components with superb linearity and enhanced power lines offer lower noise and distortion levels, improves micro dynamics and base reproduction
- Optimised main board topology offers reduced EM interference and reduced channel crosstalk resulting in better detail and resolution
- ZeroJitter™ — a unique true asynchronous USB interface with error correction assures accurate data reception
- ZeroResolutionLoss™ — an exclusive volume control with three–way volume synchronization brings convenience and dynamic range comparable to the best analogue volume controls
- GalvanicInfinity™ — affords complete galvanic isolation for ultimate external noise reduction
- FemtoMaster™ — our quad-clock architecture, with 82 femtosecond master clock and 3 auxiliary stream-control clocks, minimizes jitter for maximum timing accuracy, image development and bass extension
- Balanced internal design – yields the lowest analog noise and lowest distortion
Roon offers engaging, enjoyable way to browse your music. Via intelligent automatic cloud service library management, Roon delivers metadata for the user’s library and frees the user from the complexities of music library management.
e68 is a Roon Tested DAC. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon Labs and exaSound for maximum compatibility with the Roon software and service. Roon identifies exaSound devices and sends them audio optimized for their capabilities. Together, Roon and exaSound deliver the power, flexibility, and performance benefits of digital audio, with the easiest setup and highest reliability available.
The e38 DAC comes with RCA outputs standard.
The exaSound Sigma Streamer turns any exaSound DAC into a network-connected device. It offers master-quality Tidal and Qobuz streaming with Roon and Airplay. Sigma Streamer delivers seamless, top-quality sound over wired or wireless connection, accessing high-resolution streaming services and local files. Sigma Streamer can be used with computer-based audio servers or with optimized streaming servers like the exaSound Gamma Server and Delta Server.
Bundle pricing is available for the e68 DAC in combination with the Sigma Streamer. See above.
- Uncompromised fidelity — ENclusiv™ zero-configuration comprehensive sampling rate support, all the way up to native DSD512 and 32 bit PCM at 384 kHz/DXD
- Simplicity — Play multichannel or stereo in one playlist without changing settings
- Forget guesswork — Zero-configuration automatic filter selection for every format and sampling rate
- Love the convenience — Synchronized simultaneous operation from IR Remote, device controls and software dashboard
- Blackest blacks — Ultimate clean power, with 15 linear power conditioning stages, and an upgradable external power supply
- Get lost in your music — Roon: the most engaging, enjoyable way to browse your music. RoonReady enables fast and highly reliable auto–discovery for instant setup
Power Supply Options
exaSound DACs are powered by external 12V power supply. The e68 uses 15 internal linear power conditioning stages in cascaded configuration. Every subsystem is powered by dedicated power source. This sophisticated power conditioning makes the e68 very insensitive to the quality of the external power supply.
The e68 DAC comes with a desktop style switching power supply included. Customers interested in using a premium quality linear power source have the option to order the e68 DAC bundled with a Teddy Pardo power supply. See above.
TEDDY12/2 – 12V 2A Power Supply [option]
It is possible to order the e38 Mark II DAC with a Teddy Pardo Power Supply.
The Teddy 12/2 power supply is based on a superior regulator called SuperTeddyReg.
Click here to read more about Teddy Prado’s power supply technology.
Teddy Pardo Power Supply Specifications
- Power output: 12V, up to 2A
- Mains Supply: 110-120V or 220-240V
- Dimensions: 24x16x6 cm
ExaSound E68 DAC Specifications
|D/A Converter IC||ESS Technology ES9038PRO|
|PCM Sampling Rates – USB||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz|
DSD Sampling Rates – USB
|DSD64: 2.8224MHz; 3.072MHz
DSD128: 5.6448MHz; 6.144MHz
DSD256: 11.2896MHz; 12.288MHz
|DSD512 – USB – Stereo Mode:
• Windows ASIO
• Mac ASIO
• exaSound streamers and serversNote:
• DSD512 is not supported on Mac Core Audio
|DSD512: 22.5792MHz; 24.576MHz|
|PCM Sampling Rates-SPDIF Coaxial IN 1||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz|
|PCM Sampling Rates- Optical (TOSLINK) IN 2||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise,1kHz, 0dBFS||0.0004%|
|Total Harmonic Distortion1kHz, 0dBFS, typical||0.0002%|
19kHz + 20kHz
0 dBFS 2nd order IMD, typical
A-weighted, 2.1 Vrms, typical
|DAC Master Clock Jitter||0,082ps (82fs) rms|
|Frequency Response||0Hz – 20kHz (-0.15dB) @ 44.1kHz / 48kHz sampling rates;
0Hz – 30kHz (-0.15dB) @ sampling rates >= 88.2kHz;
|Channel Separation, typical||133dB @ 1kHz for adjacent channels
123dB @ 1kHz between channel groups
|Digital Inputs||USB 2.0, SPDIF Coaxial, SPDIF TOSLINK (optical)|
|Number of channels, USB||2 to 8 channels PCM, DSD|
|Number of channels, SPDIF||2 channels PCM|
|Operating System Requirements: Windows||Windows 10 x64, Windows 8 x86, Windows 8 x64, Windows 7, Windows XP
ASIO compatible player required for all Windows platforms
|Operating System Requirements: Mac||Mac OS Mavericks, Yosemite, El Captain, Sierra High Sierra, Mojave|
|Digital Volume Control Steps||0.5dB|
|Volume Matching between Channels||Better than 0.1dB|
|Line Outputs, Unbalanced||RCA, gold-plated contacts|
|Line Output Level||2.1Vrms|
|Line Output Level Balanced||—|
|Line Output Impedance||200Ohms|
|Line Output Offset||< 5mV|
|Headphone Amp Current Output||250mA peak|
|Headphone Amp Output Impedance||1 Ohm, 20Hz-20kHz|
|Headphone Amp Output Voltage||0-6V|
|Headphone Amp THD+N, typical||0.00052% , 1Vrms into 60ohms|
|Headphone Amp Intermodulation Distortion
1Vrms into 60ohms
19kHz + 20kHz 2nd order IMD, typical
|Headphone Jack||1/4″ TRS, SE|
|USB Connector||USB B|
|Power Jack Diameter||Internal: 2.5mm External : 5.5mm|
|Power Consumption||< 20W|
(W x H x D)
|6.5 x 2.2 x 9.25 inches (165 x 55 x 235mm)|