The s82 DSD512 Streaming DAC takes the technologies introduced with the Stereophile Recommended A+ s88 DAC to the next level. Featuring a reference-grade 32-bit digital-to-analog converter and Roon-Ready streamer in stylish full-size mono-block enclosure, the s82 delights with its ergonomic simplicity and sonic perfection.
With refinements like autonomous balanced and unbalanced I/V stages and exaSound’s unique three-way galvanic isolation, ultimate resolution volume control and high-performance headphone amplifier, the s82 Streaming DAC will uncover every detail in your high-resolution files, allowing you to hear the music just as it was recorded.
s82 features proprietary asynchronous USB streaming, ASIO and Core Audio drivers and FPGA core to achieve 32bit, low-jitter, bit-perfect signal path.
s82 will play natively DSD encoded files up to DSD512, DXD 352.8 kHz, PCM and MQA up to 384 kHz.
With state-of-the-art performance, easy operation, remote diagnostics, online updates, upgradable output stages and exaSound’s acclaimed customer support, the s82 Streaming DAC will be the cornerstone of your music system for years to come.
exaSound’s in–house design delivers world recognized, award winning sonic purity
- World’s highest performance Sabre ES9038PRO DAC chip increases 4 times the paralleled DAC channels to bring more presence in the mid-range
- Sophisticated reference voltage sources and master clock power circuits deliver more precise 3D imaging and more natural portrayal of transients
- Each channel has autonomous balanced and unbalanced analogue output stages that can be used simultaneously. Components with superb linearity and separate power lines offer lower noise and distortion levels, fine micro dynamics and natural base reproduction
- Dual-mono output stage topology offers reduced EM interference and reduced channel cross-talk, resulting in better detail and resolution
- Future-proof design allows for upgrades of the output stages, the streamer module CPU, RAM and SSD storage
- ZeroJitter™ — a unique true asynchronous USB interface with error correction assures accurate data reception
- ZeroResolutionLoss™ — an exclusive volume control with four–way volume synchronization brings convenience and dynamic range comparable to the best analogue volume controls
- GalvanicInfinity™ — affords complete galvanic isolation for ultimate external noise reduction
- FemtoMaster™ — our quad-clock architecture, with 82 femtosecond master clock and 3 auxiliary stream-control clocks, minimizes jitter for maximum timing accuracy, image development and bass extension
- Balanced internal design – yields the lowest analog noise and lowest distortion
Roon offers engaging, enjoyable way to browse your music. Via intelligent automatic cloud service library management, Roon delivers metadata for the user’s library and frees the user from the complexities of music library management. s82 is a RoonReady streamer and Roon Tested DAC. It has been profiled and tested by both Roon Labs and exaSound for maximum compatibility with Roon. Roon identifies exaSound devices and sends them audio optimized for their capabilities. Together, Roon and exaSound deliver the power, flexibility, and performance benefits of digital audio, with the easiest setup and highest reliability available.
Newly released Tidal Connect support allows the Tidal apps on iOS, Android, Mac OS and Windows to stream directly to the S82 DAC.
The s82 Streaming DAC also offers master-quality Tidal and Qobuz streaming with Roon. It delivers seamless, top-quality sound over wired or wireless connections, accessing high-resolution streaming services and local files. s82 can be used with the Roon Nucleus and with PC and Mac-based audio servers.
exaSound-made Gamma and Delta servers offer tight integration and improved ergonomics when used with the s82 Streaming DAC. The exaSound Delta server offers the highest CPU performance when DSP processing is required with Roon.
- Uncompromised fidelity — ENclusiv™ zero-configuration comprehensive sampling rate support up to native DSD512 and 32 bit PCM 384 kHz / DXD
- Simplicity — Play all Stereo file and stream formats in one playlist without changing settings
- Forget guesswork — Zero-configuration automatic filter selection for every format and sampling rate. Manual reconstruction filter selection available for advanced applications.
- Love the convenience — Synchronized simultaneous operation from IR Remote, device controls and software dashboard
- Unique ergonomics – acceleration-sensing volume knob delivers precise 0.5 dB volume changes when turned slowly and large volume correction with short fast turn
- Blackest blacks — Ultimate clean power with 16 linear power conditioning stages, and an upgradable external power supply
- Get lost in your music — Roon: the most engaging, enjoyable way to browse your music. RoonReady enables fast and highly reliable auto–discovery for instant setup
- New Audio Optimization Settings allow manual selection of PCM reconstructions filters and roll-off filters
- New Bluetooth Audio Streaming support makes s82 easily accessible in casual listening settings
- New Advanced Settings refine the transition playback states from track to track
- Sample Rates: ENclusiv™ comprehensive sample rate support
- DSD64: 2.8224 and 3.072 MHz
- DSD128: 5.6448 and 6.144 MHz
- DSD256: 11.2896 and12.288 MHz
- DSD512: 22.5792 and 24.576 MHz
- PCM/DXD: 44.1kHz to 384kHz at 32 bits
- MQA full ‘unfold’ for delivering Hi-Res music data up to 384kHz
- Converter Core: ESS Technologies 9038Pro reference monolythic DAC
- USB Input: Proprietary ZeroJitter™ asynchronous USB interface with error correction on classic B–Type connector, USB cable included
- USB Host Support: Custom, high performance Mac OS & Windows ASIO drivers; MAC Core Audio drivers with DoP256 support
- LAN Input: Wired Gigabit Ethernet and wireless WiFi 802.11ac supporting Ronn RAAT, Signalyst NAA, UPnP, Bluetooth and Airplay audio streaming.
- Server Support: Roon, HQPlayer, UPnP, Bluetooth and Airplay. Built-in multichannel UPnP server with DSD512 support.
- Clock: FemtoMaster™ super–low jitter quad-clock architecture, with 82 femtosecond master clock and 3 auxiliary stream-control clocks
- Power Conditioning: 16 linear power filtering stages, separate power lines for L/R channels, optional dedicated linear power supply for the DAC subsystem
- Host Noise Rejection: GalvanicInfinity™ – Galvanic isolation between the USB subsystem, streamer module and the DAC circuitry eliminates ground loop noise and blocks computer–generated interference
- Headphone Output: Headphone amplifier with doubled current output compared to the s88 DAC provides improved driving of low impedance and low sensitivity headphones
- Additional Digital Inputs: SPDIF and TOSLINK inputs with customizable jitter control offer superb D/A conversion when used with CD transports
- Analog Outputs: Simultaneously driven autonomous balanced and unbalanced output stages. Gold–plated balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA line outputs
- Enhanced micro-symmetry of the balanced outputs
- Power Management: 12V Trigger output
- Remote Control: Included 7 button remote, s82 can be configured to work with most IR remotes
- Remote Support, Remote Diagnostics, Remote Updates
Power Supply Options
The s82 Streaming DAC supports two power supply configurations.
Single Power Supply Configuration
the exaSound s82 Streaming DACs is offered with a desktop style 12V switching power supply. The s82 uses 16 internal linear power conditioning stages in cascaded configuration. Every subsystem is powered by dedicated power source. This sophisticated power conditioning makes the s82 very insensitive to the quality of the external power supply.
Using Additional Linear Power Supply for the DAC Analogue Stages
To achieve the lowest possible noise level, a third-party 12V linear power supply can be used for the DAC analogue circuits and IV stages. Customers interested in using additional premium-quality linear power source have the option to order the s82 DAC bundled with a Teddy Pardo power supply.
Teddy12/2 – 12V 2A Power Supply
The Teddy 12/2 power supply is based on a superior regulator called SuperTeddyReg. Click here to read more about Teddy Prado’s power supply technology.
Last updated on March 17, 2023
|D/A Converter IC||ESS Technology ES9038PRO 32-bit, PRO series|
|PCM Sampling Rates – USB, Network Streaming||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz|
|MQA Sampling Rates – USB, Network Streaming||MQA full ‘unfold’ for delivering Hi-Res music data up to 384kHz|
DSD Sampling Rates:
|DSD64: 2.8224MHz; 3.072MHz
DSD128: 5.6448MHz; 6.144MHz
DSD256: 11.2896MHz; 12.288MHz
• USB – Windows ASIO
• USB – Mac ASIO
• LAN – Network StreamingNote:
• DSD512 is not supported on USB – Mac Core Audio
|DSD512: 22.5792MHz; 24.576MHz|
|PCM Sampling Rates-SPDIF Coaxial IN 1, Stereo||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz|
|PCM Sampling Rates-Optical (TOSLINK) IN 2, Stereo||44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise||0.00021% @ 1kHz, 0dBFS|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.00014% @ 1kHz, 0dBFS|
|Intermodulation Distortion||-128db 0.00004% @ 19kHz + 20kHz 0 dBFS
2nd order IMD
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||Balanced: 123.8 dB, A-weighted, 4.6 Vrms
Unbalanced: 123.5 dB, A-weighted, 2.0 Vrms
|DAC Master Clock Jitter||0.082ps (82fsec) rms|
|Frequency Response||0Hz – 20kHz (-0.15dB) @ 44.1kHz / 48kHz sampling rates;
0Hz – 30kHz (-0.15dB) @ sampling rates 88.2kHz and higher
|Channel Separation, typical||133dB @ 1kHz|
|Digital Inputs||LAN, USB, SPDIF Coaxial, SPDIF TOSLINK (optical), USB storage|
|Line Outputs||Balanced (XLR), Unbalanced (RCA), gold-plated contacts|
|Line Output Level||Balanced: 4.6 Vrms
Unbalanced: 2 Vrms
|Line Output Impedance||Balanced: 400 ohms
Unbalanced: 200 ohms
|Line Output Offset||< 5mV|
|Headphone Amp Current Output||500mA peak|
|Headphone Amp Output Impedance||1 Ohm, 20Hz-20kHz|
|Headphone Amp Output Voltage||0-6Vrms|
|Headphone Amp THD+N, typical||0.0012% , 1Vrms into 60ohms|
| Headphone Amp Intermodulation Distortion
1Vrms into 60ohms
19kHz + 20kHz 2nd order IMD, typical
|Headphone Jack||1/4″ TRS, SE|
|Volume Control||Four-way volume synchronization, Volume bypass, Channel trimming, Mute
ZeroResolutionLoss™ volume control provides all-time 0dB Full-Scale streaming
Acceleration-sensing volume knob
|Volume Control Step||0.5 dB|
|Volume Matching Between Channels||Better than 0.1 dB|
|Operating System Requirements: Windows||Windows 11 x64, Windows 10 x64, Windows 8 x86, Windows 8 x64, Windows 7, Windows XP
ASIO compatible player required for all Windows platforms
|Operating System Requirements: Mac||Mac OS Mavericks, Yosemite, El Captain, Sierra High Sierra, Mojave, Big Sur|
|USB Ports|| Type A: 2x USB 3.0, 2xUSB 2.0
Type B: USB 2.0
|Ethernet Interface||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Wi-Fi Interface||Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
2.4 GHz, 5 GHz
Compliance PCI, CISP, FIPS, FISMA
|IP Setup||IP4, DHCP, manual configuration|
|Wireless Security Mode||WPA-PSK2 AES (Home)|
|External Main Power Supply||Input: 10-240V AC, 1.4A, 50-60Hz
Output: 12V DC, 5.4A
|Optional Linear Power Supply for DAC Analogue Stages||Teddy Pardo 12/2 Linear Power Supply
Input: 110V or 240V, factory selected
Output: 12V DC, 2A
Compliance CE, FCC
Over Current Protection
|Power Consumption||< 64W|
|Power Jack Diameter||Internal: 2.5mm External : 5.5mm|
|Enclosure||Premium machined and anodized aluminium mono-block
Finish: Silver, Black
(W x H x D)
|17.5 x 2.625 x 9.64 inches (445 x 70 x 245 mm)|
|Weight||11.46 lbs (5.2Kg)|
|Package dimensions (W x H x D)||20.75 x 8.25 x 16.5 inches (525 x 209 x 423 mm)|
|Package Weight||15.2 lbs (6.9Kg)|
|Teddy Pardo power supply dimensions (W x H x D)||6.5 x 2.2 x 9.25 inches (165 x 55 x 235 mm)|
|Teddy Pardo power supply weight||5.5 lbs (2.5Kg)|
|Teddy Pardo power supply package dimensions (W x H x D)||12.75 x 8.25 x 4.25 inches (320 x 107 x 235 mm)|
|Teddy Pardo PS package weight||5.5 lbs (2.5Kg)|
There are no reviews yet.