exaSound Presents the s88 8-Channel Streaming DAC
Featuring a reference-grade 32-bit digital-to-analog converter and Roon-Ready streamer in stylish full-size mono-block enclosure, the s88 delights with its ergonomic simplicity and sonic perfection.
With refinements like autonomous balanced and unbalanced I/V stages and exaSound’s unique three-way galvanic isolation, ultimate resolution volume control and high-performance headphone amplifier, the s88 Eight-Channel Streaming DAC will uncover every detail in your high-resolution files, allowing you to hear the music just as it was recorded.
s88 features proprietary asynchronous USB streaming, ASIO and Core Audio drivers and FPGA core to achieve 32bit, low-jitter, bit-perfect signal path.
s88 will play natively DSD encoded files up to 8-channels DSD256, DXD 352.8 kHz and PCM up to 384 kHz.
In stereo mode s88 supports DSD playback of DSD512 files and streams.
With state-of-the-art performance, easy operation, remote diagnostics, online updates, upgradable output stages and exaSound’s acclaimed customer support, the s88 Streaming DAC will be the cornerstone of your music system for years to come.
Designed and hand-made entirely in Canada
exaSound’s in–house design delivers world recognized, award winning sonic purity
- World’s highest performance Sabre ES9038PRO DAC chip increases 4 times the internal paralleled DAC channels to bring more presence in the mid-range
- Sophisticated reference voltage sources and master clock power circuits deliver more precise 3D imaging and more natural portrayal of transients
- Each channel has autonomous balanced and unbalanced analogue output stages that can be used simultaneously. Components with superb linearity and enhanced power lines offer lower noise and distortion levels, fine micro dynamics and natural base reproduction.
- Octo-mono output stage topology offers reduced EM interference and reduced channel crosstalk resulting in better detail and resolution.
- Future-proof design allows for upgrades of the output stages, the streamer module CPU, RAM and SSD storage.
- ZeroJitter™ — a unique true asynchronous USB interface with error correction assures accurate data reception
- ZeroResolutionLoss™ — an exclusive volume control with four–way volume synchronization brings convenience and dynamic range comparable to the best analogue volume controls
- GalvanicInfinity™ — affords complete galvanic isolation for ultimate external noise reduction
- FemtoMaster™ — our quad-clock architecture, with 82 femtosecond master clock and 3 auxiliary stream-control clocks, minimizes jitter for maximum timing accuracy, image development and bass extension
- Balanced internal design – yields the lowest analog noise and lowest distortion
Roon offers engaging, enjoyable way to browse your music. Via intelligent automatic cloud service library management, Roon delivers metadata for the user’s library and frees the user from the complexities of music library management.
The s88 Streaming DAC offers master-quality Tidal and Qobuz streaming with Roon and Airplay. It delivers seamless, top-quality sound over wired or wireless connections, accessing high-resolution streaming services and local files. s88 can be used with the Roon Nucleus and with PC and Mac-based audio servers.
exaSound-made Gamma and Delta servers offer tight integration and improved ergonomics when used with the s88 Streaming DAC. The exaSound Delta server offers the highest CPU performance available on the market for multichannel DSP processing with Roon.
- Uncompromised fidelity — ENclusiv™ zero-configuration comprehensive sampling rate support, all the way up to native DSD512 and 32 bit PCM at 384 kHz/DXD
- Simplicity — Play multichannel or stereo in one playlist without changing settings
- Forget guesswork — Zero-configuration automatic filter selection for every format and sampling rate
- Love the convenience — Synchronized simultaneous operation from IR Remote, device controls and software dashboard
- Unique ergonomics – acceleration-sensing volume knob delivers precise 0.5 dB volume changes when turned slowly and large volume correction when turned
- Blackest blacks — Ultimate clean power, with 15 linear power conditioning stages, and an upgradable external power supply
- Get lost in your music — Roon: the most engaging, enjoyable way to browse your music. RoonReady enables fast and highly reliable auto–discovery for instant setup
- Sample Rates: ENclusiv™ comprehensive sample rate support
- DSD64: 2.8224 and 3.072 MHz
- DSD128: 5.6448 and 6.144 MHz
- DSD256: 11.2896 and12.288 MHz
- DSD512: 22.5792 and 24.576 MHz (Stereo Only)
- PCM/DXD: 44.1kHz to 384kHz at 32 bits
- Converter Core: ESS Technologies 9038Pro reference monolythic 8 channel DAC
- USB Input: Proprietary ZeroJitter™ asynchronous USB interface with error correction on classic B–Type connector, USB cable included
- USB Host Support: Custom, high performance Mac OS & Windows ASIO drivers; MAC Core Audio drivers with DoP256 support
- LAN Input: Wired Gigabit Ethernet and wireless WiFi 802.11ac supporting Ronn Raat, Signalyst NAA, UPnP and Airplay audio streaming.
- Server Support: Roon, HQPlayer, UPnP and Airplay. Built-in multichannel UPnP server with DSD512 support.
- Clock: FemtoMaster™ super–low jitter quad-clock architecture, with 82 femtosecond master clock and 3 auxiliary stream-control clocks
- Power Conditioning: 15 linear power filtering stages, optional dedicated linear power supply for the DAC sunsystem
- Host Noise Rejection: GalvanicInfinity™ – Galvanic isolation between the USB subsystem, streamer module and the DAC circuitry eliminates ground loop noise and blocks computer–generated interference
- Headphone Output: Third generation headphone amplifier, capable of driving low impedance and low sensitivity headphones
- Additional Stereo Digital Inputs: Two SPDIF inputs provide jitter reduction and superb D/A conversion when used with CD transports
- Analog Outputs: Simultaneously driven autonomous balanced and unbalanced output stages. Gold–plated balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA line outputs.
- Power Management: 12V Trigger output
- Remote Control: Included 7 button remote, s88 can be configured to work with most IR remotes
- Remote Support, Remote Diagnostics, Remote Updates
Power Supply Options
The s88 Streaming DAC supports two power supply configurations.
Single Power Supply Configuration
the exaSound s88 Streaming DACs is offered with a desktop style 12V switching power supply. The s88 uses 15 internal linear power conditioning stages in cascaded configuration. Every subsystem is powered by dedicated power source. This sophisticated power conditioning makes the s88 very insensitive to the quality of the external power supply.
Using Additional Linear Power Supply for the DAC Analogue Stages
To achieve the lowest possible noise level, a third-party 12V linear power supply can be used for the DAC analogue circuits and IV stages. Customers interested in using additional premium-quality linear power source have the option to order the s88 DAC bundled with a Teddy Pardo power supply.
- Power output: 12V, up to 2A
- Mains Supply: 110-120V or 220-240V
- Dimensions: 24x16x6 cm