- Extracts DSD64 and PCM up to 24/192 from the HDMI data stream from a player/transport with HDMI out
- Outputs DSD64 via the DoP (DSD over PCM) protocol and hi-res PCM up to 24/192 through the S/PDIF Coax and Toslink Optical outputs to an external DAC
- Fully HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) and copy protection compliant
- HDMI pass-through for player menu settings and other video uses
- Mini-USB for firmware updates
- DC 12V input for battery power
- Universal player must output DSD64 and up to 24/192 PCM via HDMI. If there is only one HDMI output, use the HDMI OOUT on the D.BOB to send video to a monitor or TV.
- External DAC must accept DSD via the DoP protocol through S/PDIF Coax (preferable) or Toslink inputs. The D.BOB does not have a USB output.