New materials, improved computer simulations, revolutionary measurement methods like psychoacoustics, artificial head (head and torso simulation), laser vibrometers and others opened new possibilities for the construction of acoustic devices. So the master minds behind the K 1000, Ryback and Renner, decided to apply their experiences to the development of the ultimate headphone – the MYSPHERE 3.
- Since the earphone is kind of levitating over the ear, the overall weight has been optimized to bit more than 320 g.
- All highly stressed external parts are either made of milled and anodized aluminium or stainless steel. These materials are extremely durable and corrosion-resistant.
- The internal materials and connectors are highly elastic and environmentally resistant, as well as attenuating body-borne noise. Durability was a main construction principle.
- The transducers are protected against dust and contact by an open-pored splash-water proof fabric.
- The electrical internal wiring is strictly symmetrical. Exact the same wire lengths no matter whether the cable is connected to the left or right side.
- All cables and wires are designed in a lightweight version to avoid the microphonics effect and to minimize the overall weight.
An ultra light coil and a glass foam membrane with a cobweb structure allow fastest impulse reproduction. All dispensable air volumes like tight channels, slots, holes etc. are largely avoided in order to reduce additional acoustic masses.
Supported by the open design, the drivers are kind of levitating over the ear. The open front cushion enables sound to flow from one side to the other and vice versa. This creates an unprecedented binaural effect and great spatiality.
On both sides of the moving membrane the spaces are completely vented. No acoustic volumes hamper the membrane in its movement and the front cushion is acoustically open. This yields an unsuspected sense of space.
Innovative Frame Construction
A light metal frame transmits the force from the soft cushions to the head to achieve very small specific surface pressure. Sensitive areas of the head are bypassed resulting in a well-fixed headband carrying the hovering drivers.
- All cushions are attached by magnets and can be removed manually without tools.
- Additionally, both sides of the earphone can be removed without tools to facilitate the transportability and service.
- Since no human head is really symmetric, all adjustments of angle and height have been accomplished without mechanical lock-in positions. A fine scaling allows for easy retrieval of personal settings.
MYSPHERE 3 has been developed by LB-acoustics Messgeräte GmbH applying their core competences in sound and vibration measurement technology.
Meeting the requirements of the audiophile community all measurements are carried out according to the latest technical standards. This includes simple sound measurement as well as mechanical vibrations and psychoacoustic tests. But the final examination is made by the human ears of our test persons, which significantly influences the whole design concept.
hovering next to the ears, fully open
96 dB / 1 mW RMS = 115 dB SPL/V eff. (at Ear-Drum Reference Point)
- Maximum input power
- Rated Impedance
15 Ohms (MYSPHERE 3.1) or 110 Ohms (MYSPHERE 3.2)
- Transducer type
- Transducer size
40 x 40 mm
squared, glass-foam enforced
- Membrane excursion
- Frequency response
20 Hz – 40 kHz (-10 dB)
- Magnetic structure
radial, fully vented
- Magnet type
- Magnet density
345 g (without cables)
There are no reviews yet.