Brooklyn DAC is the predecessor of Brooklyn DAC+. It offers the same functionality (including MQA) and same conversion specs (up to PCM 32/384 and DSD256) except it uses Sabre ES9018 chip (instead of ES9028 in DAC+) and has a newer less euphonic analog attenuator. This unit has been used as a demo and is in mint condition.
– Stunning transparent detailed Mytek sound
– Up to 384k, 32 bit and DSD256 conversion
– 384k, 32 bit integer USB2 Class 2 interface (no drivers for Mac, Linux, or Linux based streamers, Native DSD ASIO Drivers for Windows)
– Certified MQA high resolution decoder for high resolution streaming
– Choice of inputs: AES, SPDIF, Toslink, SPDIF, DSD SDIF, Analog Line In or Phono
– High Performance M/C, M/M phono preamplifier (all analog signal path to output)
– High Performance Dual Mono, High Current (800mA) headphone preamplifier. Dual unbalanced jacks for two headphones or balanced operation with Mytek 2×1/4″ to 4pin XLR adapter
– Audio Interface function: in addition to USB playback, Brooklyn will accept digital inputs into computer via USB
– Femtoclock Clock generator with jitter below 0.8ps
– Wordclock input and output- stacking of units for multichannel and surround sound is possible.
– Optional 12 VDC power supply input
– Sculpted aluminum front panel chassis
- Fully tested and approved Brooklyn DAC Silver
- Power Cord for destination country (line voltage 100-240V is automatically switchable).
- This ex demo unit does not include remote control, however, a remote is not required to operate this device. It can be added later on as well.
CONVERSION: up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD up to DSD256, DXD, 130dB Dynamic Range
MQA HI-RES DECODER: built in certified hardware MQA™ decoder
DIGITAL INPUTS: USB2 Class2 (OSX, Linux driverless, all formats), AES/EBU (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), Toslink/ADAT 2x S/PDIF (PCM up to 192k, up to DSD64 DOP), SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
CLOCK: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator™” 0.82ps internal jitter, Wordclock Input and Output (allows stacking multiple units for multichannel operation, includes mch DSD)
ANALOG OUTPUTS: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
HEADPHONE OUTPUTS: Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, dual headphone jacks, designed to drive hard to drive headphones.
BUILT-IN ATTENUATOR: Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator, separate for main out and head- phones, 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator and purist relay bypass.
BUILT-IN ANALOG PREAMP: Line level input or Phono M/M, M/C input, relay controlled.
AUDIO INTERFACE FUNCTION: All digital inputs can be routed into computer via USB2. Allows connection of external digital sources such as CD Players and digitising ADCs.
FIRMWARE: Upgradable via USB Control panel
WORLDWIDE POWER SUPPLY
OPTIONAL DC/BATTERY POWER INPUT: 12VDC
WEIGHT: 4lbs, 2kg
WARRANTY: 2 years