The Sonore opticalModule Deluxe (OMD) is a bi-directional fiber media converter or FMC. The OMD has an SFP fiber optic transceiver on one side and an RJ45 connector on the other side. The unit can be used to add fiber-optic networking to your existing wired network or convert your existing fiber optic network to a wired network. The unit can be used with All Sonore products or any other network server or endpoint.
The opticalModule Deluxe is systemOptique Certified.
Optical Module Deluxe Features
- Supports both 100 speed and 1000 speed network devices
- Supports flow control for NAA streaming
- Enclosure matches the ultraRendu and opticalRendu
- Compatible with the Sonore Rendu (ethernet input with USB output and SPDIF/i2s output)
- Compatible with the Sonore endPoint (ethernet input with SPDIF/AES-EBU output)
- Compatible with 100 speed Ethernet DACs and DDCs (PS Audio Direct Stream, dCS Network Bridge, etc.)
- Compatible with any music server
- Improved circuit layout
- Supports the use of the Sonore dual faceplate
- Includes a link LED
- Includes LEDs on the ethernet connector that indicate 100/1000 speed streaming
- All connections are on the rear faceplate
- Four (4) high-quality ultra low noise linear regulators
- Fixed frequency high-quality ultra low jitter FEMTO oscillator
- External power input jack
- RJ45 input connector
- SFP cage with generic SFP fiber optic transceiver included
- Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
- Power input: 5-9 VDC, recommended is 7 VDC.
- Dimension: 3.5″x2.2″x.7″ (8,89 cm x 5,58 cm x 1,77 cm)
- systemOptique Certified
Optical Ethernet to Cable Ethernet Converter
Cable Ethernet to Optical Ethernet Converter
Includes: opticalModule Deluxe II, SFP Fiber Transceiver, Warranty Information, Product Set-Up Instructions
A power supply is not included unless you add one above. We recommend using a Sonore Linear Power Supply or a SGC Linear Power Supply to feed this device. Please check the links to these products below.