The sonicTransporter i9 is Small Green Computer’s signature music server, featuring top-notch upsampling, a responsive user interface and the least amount of playback latency. This superfast noiseless box runs Roon Server and many other applications with ease and efficiency.
No keyboard or monitor is needed for this plug-and-play music server, which is easy to access with a web browser from your tablet.
This top-end server is built for Roon DSP and runs all high processor requirement upsampling, digital volume control, and DSD to PCM conversions with ease. Eight cores of power are used to run multiple DSP plug-ins at once. This server is great for upsampling to DSD512. Additionally, it has the capability to index large music collections rapidly.
The sonicTransporter i9 uses the fastest-available technology to give our customers a premium experience. Its i9 processor is kept passively cool by fins located on the sides of the case. A billet aluminum front mirrors the high-quality internal parts with a sleek appearance.
- Works great with our Signature Rendu SE optical, opticalRendu, ultraRendu, microRendu or other Roon-Ready players
- Exceeds Roon Labs hardware specifications
- Easily connected to external USB storage or a NAS
- Internal storage is available via the drive bay – add a 2.5″ SSD drive to your purchase for music storage at any time or install yourself (no tools required)
- This device comes with Roon Core pre-installed
- Our easy-to-use web page supports the addition of many more music applications including HQPlayer, DLNA, squeezebox, Plex Media Server, and more
- For CD ripping, pair with our external CD ripper for sonicTransporters
The sonicTransporter i9 optical has an optical Ethernet port for direct connection to optically networked players such as our opticalRendu and Signature Rendu SE optical.
You can attach a standard Ethernet player/streamer or network DAC with our opticalModule.
Our newest generation of the sonicTransporter i9 now comes with a tool-less 2.5″ hard drive bay. Easily install an SSD hard drive yourself with no screws. We also offer preinstalled and configured SSD drives.
This diagram shows a typical installation with a direct optical network connection from the music server to the player/streamer.
- sonicTranspoter i9 optical
- 19v 7A (120v – 220v) power supply – works in any country (US-type power cord included)
- 1m LAN cable
- SFP module
- 60-day Roon trial
- Although many different types of fiber and SFP transceivers will work we recommend Gigabit SFP modules that work with OM1 (62.5/125 µm multi-mode) type multi-mode fiber with LC connectors for all systemOptique certified products. This will allow your systemOptique product to work at its highest level of performance.
- It is possible to power the i9 with your own power supply, though this is not recommended. If you want better sound, isolate your player with optical Ethernet.
- If you really want to use your own supply, it must be 19V and at least 7 amps. The connector is a 7.4mm x 5.1mm with internal pin. These are typically used on Dell and HP laptops. This cable from Amazon will work: 7.4mm x 5.1mm cable.
Powering the i9 with your own supply: It is possible to power the i9 with your own power supply. This is not recommended. If you want better sound, isolate your player with optical Ethernet. If you really want to use you own supply make sure it’s 19v and at least 7 amps. The connector is a 7.4mm x 5.1mm with internal pin. These are typically used on Dell an HP laptops. This cable from Amazon will work 7.4mm x 5.1mm cable.