About the microRendu
The original Sonore microRendu v1.3 was discontinued in March 2020 because certain parts on the unit were becoming hard to get. Soon afterward Sonore decided to redesign the unit improving some components and upgrading others. Another key goal of the project was to reduce the price without compromise to the performance. With a little bit of hard work Sonore was able to achieve all the project goals and we think you will be thrilled with the new Sonore microRendu v1.5.
The Sonore microRendu is an audiophile microcomputer with Ethernet input and USB Audio output. The microRendu utilizes a proprietary printed circuit board with only the essential components. The microRendu is small and lightweight. Connect the microRendu directly to your USB device via a USB cable or hard adapter eliminating the need for a USB cable. Don’t let the size fool you though because it’s been designed to take into consideration all that is important to USB Audio. The microRendu is easy to configure and can accept audio streams from several digital sources.
Selectable Output Modes
- Mode #1 – SqueezeLite Output – This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #2 – ShairPort Output – This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.
- Mode #3 – MPD/DLNA Output:
Mode #3a – DLNA Output – This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3b – MPD Output – This output is intended to work with an SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3c – Songcast Output – This output accepts streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application is in Beta form.
- Mode #4 – HQ Player NAA Output – This output utilizes streams from Signalyst’s HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #5 – RoonReady Output – This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
- Mode #6 – Spotify Connect Output – This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. This application is based on librespot – an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.
- Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
- Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
- POP free DSD/PCM transitions
- Not all USB devices or output modes support the maximum sample rate of the unit
- RoonReady certified
- Audirvana Plus certified
- Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming service
- Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter
- The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed
- BubbleUPnP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia – OpenHome protocol
- OhMedia – OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers
- Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming via thrid party applications
- Native DSD is supported on select DACs
- The unit is controlled via third-party apps on your mobile device and on your computer
- Based on Sonicorbiter, closed source and open source (GPLv2)
- Improved two power converters and their associated capacitors (v1.5 only)
- Improved the clock buffer to one used in opticalRendu (v1.5 only)
- Improved the USB A jack to the through hole one used in other Rendu boards (v1.5 only)
- Four (4) high-quality ultra low noise regulators
- Fixed frequency high-quality low jitter oscillator
- RJ45 input connector
- USB-A audio output connector
- Micro SD port for the operating system
- External power input jack
- Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM
- Power input: 6-9 VDC (9 VDC not recommended) at 1 Amp min continuous
- Operating Conditions: up to 73 F/22.8 C
- Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
- Dimension: 3.5″x2.2″x.7″
- CE, FCC, and RoHS certified
In the Box
Includes: microRendu, USB Adapter, Rubber Isolation Band (2), 60 Day Roon Trial, Warranty Information, Product Set-Up Instructions. Please select the power supply from the list above or arrange your own 7V power supply.