The Dodo is a flexible power supply and therefore extremely suited to provide clean power to all sensitive devices such as modem/routers, switches, set top boxes, streamers and D/A-converters.
More and more you see listeners upgrading their devices such as network switches with highly accurate crystal oscillators. What is not often known is that the precision of those clocks (TCXO or OCXO) rely on the quality of the power supply. A power supply with a very low noise floor and stability ensures that the clock performs at its best.
The challenge of a very precise power supply with an extremely low noise floor lies mainly in the maximum current that the power supply can deliver. When a device consumes more current, the quality of the power supply deteriorates. However by using premium components we have managed to develop a power supply that meets the requirements of the most precise crystal oscillators, but is also capable of sustaining current up to 2.5 Amps. This makes the Dodo flexible and therefore extremely suitable to provide clean power to all devices. Such as set top boxes, audiophile switches, streamers and digital to analog converters.
Another crucial point is speed of the power supply. Nowadays it is a hype to cram as much capacity into a power supply as possible. Looks cool with all those large capacitors… but from our perspective this will not improve the quality of the power supply.
Let’s compare the capacity of an electrolytic capacitor with a swimming pool, in this scenario a device does not consume electricity but water. Whenever the device needs electricity (water), the capacitor (pool) must be topped up. You can imagine that the water in a pool starts to wave and the larger the pool, the longer it takes before the water to settle again. The bottom line is that a power supply with (too) much capacity needs more time to stabilize. For this reason, we have chosen to use a very low ESR electrolytic capacitor whose value is proportional to the maximum power that the power supply can deliver.
- Ultra-low RMS noise and Ultra-high PSRR
- Extremely high bandwidth
- 2 Independent outputs: 3,3 VDC, 5 VDC, 7 VDC, 9 VDC, 12 VDC, 15 VDC or 19 VDC (all up to 2.5A)
- Separate Rail Design with separate Ground. Guarantee No Cross RFI/EMI Interference
- Nichicon and Panasonic Audio grade low ESR capacitors
- PPS high-frequent decoupling capacitors
- Schottky Rectifier Diodes
- Medical grade static shielded transformer
- Fanless design for truly quiet operation
- Standard with Rhodium plated Furutech IEC inlet and gold plated GX16 connectors
- High Quality wiring
- Ceramic Fuse
- standard 2x DC cables 50cm
- Hand made in the Netherlands
- Input Voltage: 115VAC or 230VAC
- Output Offset Voltage (load 1000mA): 0,001 Volt
- Output RMS Noise (load 1000mA): < 0,8 µV
- Ripple Rejection: 50 dB at 10MHz
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 230 x 124 x 80 mm